The 5-day program will include:
- Seminars with presentations of the strengths of the Danish participants to key stakeholders in China within the sector.
- Site visits to ship yards and cruise lines.
- Business matching activities incl. individual meetings with local partners.
- Networking events with top level business contacts.
Thursday 30 November
- Individual arrival to Shanghai
- Unofficial meet and greet at Radisson New World Hotel
Market update & practical information
- Briefing about China in a maritime perspective / Bjarke W. Bøtcher, Counsellor, Maritime Affairs & Shipping at Royal Danish Embassy Beijing
Friday 1 December
8.30: Transfer from Radisson New World Hotel
9.30 - 11.30: Visit to Shanghai Merchant Ship Design & Research Institute, CSSC (SDARI)
The development of Chinese cruise building and presentation about the newly designed cruise ships, which will be built at Xiamen Shipyard.
12.00 - 13.30: Lunch at Flying Fox
14.30 - 16.30: Visit to Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding (SWS)
First cruise ships (two plus two) made in China in cooperation with the world's leading cruise line - Carnival and cruise yard Fincantieri. The expected delivery is 2023-2024. And presentation on CSSC's new project on small-medium size cruise ships locally made in China. SWS is part of China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC).
18.30 - 20.00: Networking dinner of China International Cruise Shipbuilding Forum (approx. 150 pariticipants)
Saturday 2 December
9.00 - 17.00: Participation at 2nd China International Cruise Ship-building Forum (CICSF)
- With the following forum sessions:
- Topic: Based on China and Asia market, renovation & maintenance technologies applying on cruise vessels
- Topic: Cruise new technologies, new materials for cruise manufacturing, localization construction of cruise manufacturing supply chain and innovation
- Topic: New cruise financial mode
- Topic: New technologies, new methodologies, new findings about “Green, Eco-friendly, Intelligent”in cruise manufacturing for cruise industry innovation
Sunday 3 December
- Day off – time for individual activities
Monday 4 December
7.00: Transfer by bus from Radisson New World Hotel
10.00 - 12.00: Visit to China Merchant Heavy Industry (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd. (CMHI)
CMHI Jiangsu, a unit of China Merchants Group, one of the largest corporations in China, has entered into a framework agreement with Miami-based SunStone Ships for the construction of four (plus six) expedition vessels with the design, equipment and management supplied by Norwegian Ulstein. Expected delivery: 2019-2021.
12.00 - 13.00: Lunch at the shipyard
13.00 - 16.00: Transfer by bus
16.00 - 17.00: Meeting with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or Costa Cruise Line
18.30 - 20.00: VIP networking dinner
Tuesday 5 December:
10.30: Opening of Marintec China 2017, New International Exhibition Centre, Shanghai
10:45: Opening of Pavilion of Denmark
16.00 - 17.30: Oyster & Cruise reception – networking event with industry stakeholders
End of program - Individual departure
* The program is tentative and will be fine-tuned to the requirements of the participating companies.
New business opportunities and export alliances
Access new business opportunities in this burgeoning market and expand your network among key local contacts on a decision-making level. Get direct access to key authorities and business partners with focus on purchase and supply in the cruise sector in China.
Your participation can pave the way to export-alliances with the other participating Danish companies.
DKK 10.500 excl. VAT per delegate.
A maximum of 2 participants per company.
Flights, accommodation and meals are not included in the price.
This price is based on 8 participating companies and funding from the Trade Council of Denmark.
We reserve the right to cancel, if the minimum requirements cannot be met. The informed price is subject to your company being eligible for grants according to the rules and regulations of the Danish Trade Council.
Please observe our General terms of business for the Danish Export Association.
Due to planning we accommodate your registration no later than October 30th 2017
Time30 November - 5 December 2017
Participating companiesThere are 11 participating companies.
- Blue Water Shipping A/S
- Cruise-Aid Logistics Europe ApS
- Danfoss IXA A/S
- Danuni Marine & Offshore A/S
- DMS A/S
- Halton Marine A/S
- Hempel A/S
- Inexa TNF ApS
- Johnson Controls Denmark ApS, Marine
- SAINT-GOBAIN Marine Application
- Viking Life-Saving Equipment A/S