The cruise and ferry sector in Finland
Danish Cruise & Ferry Group, in cooperation with the Embassy of Denmark in Finland, take the pleasure in inviting you to join the market visit to Finland 29-31 October 2019.
The visit will take place in Turku and Rauma, where a great interior and cabin industry is located offering an export segment with potential for Danish companies.
Participating in the business delegation will give you the possibility to:
- visit key shipyards: Rauma Marine Constructions and Meyer Turku Shipyard
- meet turn-key suppliers to the cruise and ferry industry
- make new contacts at during B2B meetings and networking activities
Tuesday 29 October
- Arrival in Turku during the day
- Check-in at the hotel Seurahuone in Turku
- Internal kick-off at the hotel lobby for the Danish delegation: Programme, practicalities & questions
Wednesday 30 October
Visit MEYER TURKU
- 09.30-10.00: Bus from hotel Seurahuone to Meyer Turku
- 10.00-11.00: Meyer Turku Shipyard tour
- 11.00-11.30: Shipyard presentation
- 11.30-12.00: Lunch
- 12.00-13.00: One-on-One meetings: Meetings with Meyer Turku purchasers
- 12.00-13.00: Meetings with turn-key suppliers
- 13.00-13.30 Bus from Meyer Turku to Forum Marinum
Seminar and prescheduled meetings at Forum Marinum
14.00-14.25: Welcome and partner presentations
14.45-15.20: Company presentations
15.20-15.30: Coffee break
17.00-> VIP Dinner at restaurant Göran
Thursday 31 October
- Check-out from the hotel. Luggage to be stored in the bus during the day.
- 08.30-09.00: Bus to Piikkiö works
- 09.00-10.15: Visit to Piikkiö Works cabin factory
- 10.15-10.45: Bus transportation to Deltamarin
- 10.45-12.15: Visit Deltamarin
- 12.15-12.45: Bus transportation to Turku airport
- Individual departure
The cruise industry is growing fast and the trend will continue towards 2030 with annual growth rates of 4,5 %. Approximately 130 cruise ships are confirmed to be built, and a large part of the investments onboard are interior design, design of cabins, restaurants and public areas, as 70 % of a ship consists of equipment.
Finland has long traditions within shipbuilding and its maritime industry with 1000 companies and 30 000 employees has a turnover of EUR 8 billion.
Finland’s biggest shipyard Meyer Turku has a full order book until 2024 with orders from Carnival Cruises and Royal Caribbean among others. There is a request for Danish products that are especially known for their quality, design and delivery times that can be trusted.
Meyer Turku current orderbook:
- Mardi Gras: 5.200 pax. (lev. 2020)
- Unnamed: 5.200 pax. (lev. 2022)
- Costa Smeralda (lev. 2019)
- Costa Smeralda 2 (lev. 2021)
- Meinschiff 7: 2.900 pax. (lev. 2023)
Royal Caribbean Cruises
- 2 x Icon Class 5000 pax. (lev. 2022 og 2024).
DKK 14,900 excl. VAT pr. company (max. 2 participants pr. company).
Prices are excl. flights and accommodation.
This price is based on 8 participating companies with funding from the Trade Council of Denmark.
We reserve the right to cancel, if the minimum requirements cannot be met. The informed price is subject to your company being eligible for grants according to the rules and regulations of the Danish Trade Council.
Please observe our General terms of business for the Danish Export Association.
LocationFinland, Turku and Rauma
Participating companiesThere are 10 participating companies.
- Blue Water Shipping A/S
- Cruise-Aid Logistics Europe ApS
- Danish Export Association (Eksportforeningen)
- Frese A/S
- Halton Marine A/S
- KVADRAT A/S
- OSK-Shiptech A/S
- RobLight A/S
- Sondex A/S – a member of the Danfoss Group
- Thermit ApS