Greece is and has been very important for the global shipping industry.
The Greek Fleet has historically been highly focused on the tanker and bulk carrier segment. The majority of the orderbook is also within these segments, so currently it does not appear that this trend will change. The second largest segment, accounting for 13%, is passenger/cargo which is main ships used to transport people and cargo around between the many islands belonging to Greece.
The majority of the Greek ship industry is located in the shipping clusters of Piraeus and Thessaloniki.
Development of the Greek ship industry
The Greek merchant fleet is the largest in the world and has developed significantly throughout the last decade. In the past 7 years the fleet increased by 90 million gross tonnage. Currently the Greek ship-owners control a total of 27,76% of the world crude oil tanker fleet, 12,53% of the world dry bulk carrier fleet, and 15,94% of the world chemical and products tanker fleet.
The Greek fleet has grown with 74% in the past seven years, which makes up 23% of the total increase in the global fleet. Even though there was a general decline in the orders in 2016, it appears that Greek orders are picking up again for 2017, and that new orders will rise over the next few years.
Posidoina facts & figures 2016
- Exhibiting companies: 1.825
- Greek: 364
- Internationa: 1.461
- National Pavilions: 19
- Visitors: 22.366 (total attendance 33.512)
- Domestic: 18.065
- International: 4.301
Registration is open...
Danish Marine Group offers turn key exhibition stand and a full service pack for exhibitors in the Pavilion of Denmark.
Turn-key exhibition budget price*:
DKK 6.850 /sqm ex VAT for members of DMG
DKK 7.850 /sqm ex VAT for non-members of DMG
Administration fee DKK 9.800 per company (members of Danish Marine Group 50 % discount)
* Danish Marine Group will apply for co-financing from The Danish Trade Council. If achieved the prices will be reduced accordingly.
All prices are budget prices excl. VAT and subject to changes based on preliminary budget, changes in currency and potential subsidies from the Danish Trade Council.
Turn-key package includes:
- Turn-key exhibition stand (excluding prints/graphics)
- Building and dismantling of stand
- Carpet, basic funiture, brochure rack
- Lights and power consumption on your area
- Internet (basic connection to check emails)
- Cleaning - standard package
- Marketing material for the Pavilion of Denmark
- Registration in the official catalogue and admission cards
- Coffee/tea, beverages and snacks for you and your guests
- Side-event (e.g. networking set-up, reception, match-making)
- Assistance where needed during the exhibition
The price is excl. flights, local travel, accommodation, printing of your graphics and transportation of own goods.
Please observe our General terms of business for the Danish Export Association.
LocationGreece, Athens, Metropolitan Expo Centre
Participating companiesThere are 8 participating companies.
- DEIF A/S
- Den-Jet Nordic A/S
- Emerson Automation Solution - Damcos A/S
- Hempel A/S
- Maritime Danmark Aps
- Maritime Ship Supply
- Wrist Ship Supply A/S
Registration is open...
Please sign up here: